Web Marketing Action Plan for Service Businesses
Presence | Sphere | Relationships
Any small to mid-sized business has these goals and objectives:
- Grow Presence
- Inspire Prospective Contacts
- Facilitate and Strengthen Relationships
What do these objectives look like on the web?
The most important factor to the success on the Web is your overall approach. You cannot buy success on the web. You have to achieve it and maintain it. So what is it? What does success from the Web look like?
- professional interactive up-to-date website presenting quality information to your prospective audience, making their lives easier or more fulfilled
- search presence
- social media presence
- Growing network community
- Facilitating referrals and cross-referencing
- Generating leads
- Using tools such as email, rss, and podcasting to stay in touch with contacts
- Using CRM tools online (SaaS)
- Managing social media
- Providing “logged-in”online experiences for your customers
- Using content to provide continuing value to your clients
What does implementation look like?
- Social Media Spaces
- Others as they emerge
- Search Engines
- Google Ad Words
- Social Media
- Posting content
- Managing content
- Creating content
- Search optimization
- Analytics tracking
- A/B testing
- Conversion tracking and analysis
Examples of Metrics
- Presence in Search Engines
- Presence and Network in Social Media
- Website Traffic and Visitor Behavior
- Content Interaction
- Web-based Conversions
- Account Manager
- Project Manager
- Knowledge Workers
- SEO Manager
- PPC Manager
Cut to the chase
Our programs are based on strategic scheduled activity planned and budgeted per month or per quarter. The implementation of new technologies before beginning a program is common and may necessitate a project (as defined by having a beginning and end) on the front end of your program (as defined by its cyclical nature). All work is billed by the hour, managed through budgets, timelines, and deliverables.
Return must be seen as overall business growth (revenue, brand equity, communications improvement, infrastructure improvement, leads, contacts, network, etc.). THIS IS NOT A LEAD GENERATION PROGRAM and would be unsuccessful if measured solely by that metric. These programs will grow your overall market presence and your overall business endeavor. These programs also inevitably help organizations improve processes and messaging, just by being put to task on these things in specific ways.
Think it through. Open it up. Do and Measure.